View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #4572
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Bottom line is. There's a line that has to be drawn in the sand to whats an acceptable limit to anything. Eventually Sigalet will be replaced because few goalies come out breathing afterwards.

It doesn't take rocket science and hard data proof to figure out that if the goaltending continues to struggle, changes will be made. I just don't understand why your hackles are up when myself and others see the writing on the wall and would prefer it to happen sooner rather than later.
I think Textcritic and I see this similarly, so I am going to take a risk and attempt to speak for him as well, but this does NOT have anything to do with “hackles” being up.

To a man, you’ll find not one poster who genuinely thinks Sigalet is an unfireable godsend as a goalie coach. Not one. What you will find, and which you and others should probably stop ignoring, is that the issue stems not from “seeing the writing on the wall” but instead from suggesting a long list of borderline ridiculous critiques is based on anything but pure guesses. The level of certainty that everything is his fault, the “Sigalet is responsible for Smith’s attitude,” the over reliance on a trend that may or may not be his responsibility as proof of his ineptitude, is dumb. It looks bad. It’s kind of embarrassing to read.

I’m fully willing to admit Sigalet is probably on the hot seat, or should be, because regardless of what he’s had to work with, the results aren’t good, and eventually the coach goes because of them. But everything Sigalet is being critiqued on as being “obvious” or his firing being long overdue because he’s not a good goalie coach, are just poorly reasoned fits from people looking for something to blame.

People are acting like they know a lot more than they know, more than they could possibly know, because they’re forming an opinion backed by very little evidence. It’s silly, so people aren’t afraid to call it silly.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: