View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 07:54 AM   #31
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
Who sees the season Mangiapane just had and classifies him as no more than a "middle six forward"? His potential is as high as anyone on this list. Whether he gets there or not is another conversation though.
By middle 6 I’m speaking to what he was in his 10 games with the flames this year, yes he has potential past that I do agree but with Gaudreau, Tkachuk and to a little lesser extent Bennett in front of him on the left side the road is long for Mangiapane at this point. I’m a big fan of his game and there is no doubting he is a top end player in the AHL but the jury is still largely out on him. I think Kylington has done more and has a bigger chance right now to be an impact player on the Flames but he to will have competition now with Gio still a lock for a few years, Hanifin in the fold, Kulak having a good showing and Valimaki being top end talent.

Really I think it’s close between Kylington and Mangiapane; I went with Kylington because I value his position and style a little more than I do Mangiapane as we have examples of Mangiapane already playing well at the highest level where as Kylington brings with him a very unique blend of skills and he already has 3 pro years under his belt in the AHL.

Admittedly my wording there was a bit misleading towards Mangiapane’s ceiling as just being middle 6; he defintely has more to his game than that.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote