Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have Kylington in this round, and up next for me would have been:

Parsons
Gillies

Foo
Mangiapane

Parsons was an elite-level goalie prospect. The kid is a gamer who just elevates his game when it matters most. That's what you want to see in your goalie.

Gillies is a solid goaltender. He has done fairly well at the NHL level already, and I expect him to continue improving. I do think he has starter ability.

Foo looked NHL-ready. I think he has a very difficult adjustment to the pro leagues last season, but once he adjusted, he was very good. Adds a lot of speed and some grit to his game, plus he is a scorer. I thought he had a lot of poise for a kid in his circumstance - he didn't handle the puck like a grenade, but rather tried to make plays with it. Really liked his game.

Mangiapane - once again, Ricardow's opinion is (IMO) totally out to lunch here. Mangiapane had stretches in his call-up where he was driving that 4th line. He seemed to develop some chemistry with Stajan, and actually looked dangerous. Didn't happen every game, and I think Gulutzan didn't reward him properly for his good performances (honestly, thank goodness that he is gone). Did he look great every game? No. Did he look overwhelmed at times? Yes. However, for a first decent look at the NHL level, and given his experience, I thought he exceeded my expectations. I didn't think he would even become a tweener-level NHL player, but now I think he can be a legitimate scorer at the NHL level. Will take another season or two, but it looks like he will get there.

After that, it sort of drops-off for me. The guys listed above are the guys that I think make the NHL and have some sort of an impact. The next batch are more wildcards. Guys like Phillips, Sveningsson, Zavgorodny and Lindstrom. That's probably my next batch of players that I think could be difference makers in the NHL, but probably a bit more murky as to their likelihood of ever making it. Maybe a few more players in that mix that I will be looking at sorting out.

While this prospect pool is not ripe with top 6 can't miss types, it is still fairly deep in my opinion with skilled guys. I would bet a couple (if not more) of the guys I just mentioned above really turn heads next season in their respective leagues.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote