View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 09:47 AM   #34
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I dont know, looks to me that even with the "best player in the league" the Oilers top line still didnt come close to the top line in our division last season. As far as I can tell, nothing has materially changed for the team since then. What makes you think connor will score ~20 more goals than he did last season? He doesn't even have maroon to clean up his garbage.
Well, it appears Cap Crunch took last year's totals from the players he is projecting onto the top line for the coming year and added them up.

So the Oilers only have credit for 70 goals from the top line last year, but RNH missed 20 games and wasn't on the top line for most of the year, and Rattie only played 14 NHL games period.

Draisaitl, Maroon, Caggiula, Lucic, Cammalleri, and Puljujarvi also spent time on a line with McDavid so getting a true number of goals scored for the first line would be difficult. I'm confident it would be a large number though. Every player does better with Mcdavid than away from him.

Rattie was on pace for 30 goals in that short audition with Mcdavid which is why people are predicting he will start this season on the first line.

Whether that is actually the case remains to be seen. If Rattie starts the season hot then he might stay there, but any sign of slow down and he's probably punted from the line.

Regardless, I think whoever ends up as the RW for Mcdavid is a good bet to score at least 20.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote