View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 11:42 AM   #60
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
When you take sides with an oppressive, genocidal regime and basically parrot back its propaganda talking points, what would you like to be called?

There's a reason why the term "quisling" exists.
What I would like is for people to engage in actually thoughtful discussion rather than using pejorative labels. There are plenty of pejorative labels in the world. I don't think I've used any with you despite our disagreement and despite you never having shown an ounce of sophistication or depth of understanding on the topics of Chinese society, government, or culture while wading into the discussion throwing labels around at others.

People should be as critical as they want about the ideas, policies, actions, but keep it to the content rather than using pejorative terms to label people. People should also be open minded to the possibility of learning from someone they disagree with. You might up your game on the topic by doing so.

Do you want to stand on the side of people who are interacting civilly getting kicked from the forum because of their views, or even how their views may be mischaracterized?

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post: