View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 09:41 AM   #54
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I hope no one thinks I am part of a defense of the CCP here, I am not at all.

I do have chinese friends and family, the family being from Hong Kong. I think there is a tense situation everywhere right now around visible asian people in our communities being targeted by hate overtly, but partially it could stem from these subtle aggressions in places like this thread. I can appreciate some of what Johnny B says from that perspective. But it's easy to make a hard break: CCP = one of the most oppressive and brutal Oligarchial dictatorships on earth, currently engaged in mass societal and cultural suppression and straight up genocide in Xinjiang. Chinese people are in some cases direct victims of this.

Regardless of all of this or any position on the CCP, it is much too early, in my opinion, to declare a victory of our COVID policy when we KNOW there are knock on effects and we don't know the total scope or scale of these impacts.
In terms of where the bar is set.

Saying the CCP is not as bad as people in the west like to believe = you are a CCP shill, or bot, and IMO should get kicked from the forum.

Feeling emphatic for the Chinese people, especially if you have family members there, and understanding the societal differences = no issue at all.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote