View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 09:39 PM   #39
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey-and_stuff View Post
Is this a league he should be doing better in? I can never tell with the Euro leagues.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk
This is Sweden's highest junior league, and he's doing not too bad considering he's still only 18, and is top-30 in his age group (18 and under). However, looking at the entire league, he is 53rd in scoring. His season is disappointing for a few reasons:

-Most top prospects spend more time in the higher leagues-the HockeyEttan (third-tier men's league), Allsvenskan (kinda like the AHL of Sweden), or the SHL (the top men's league). This year, he's only played 3 games in the SHL. Last year, his draft year, he dominated the J20 with 18 pts (10 goals) in 14 games, earning games with the HockeyEttan (12 pts in 11 games), and the Allsvenskan (9 pts in 27 games). This year, Isak Rosen for example, has played 9 games in the J20, 3 games in the Allsvenskan, and 28 games in the SHL. The only reason for Stromgren's struggles may lie in the fact that he plays in the Rogle system, whereas he played for MoDo last year.

-In the u-18's, he was third in scoring for Sweden, behind only Rosen and Lysell. He played as good, or better than guys like Simon Robertsson, Liam Dower-Nilsson, and Victor Sjoholm, yet those players have seemingly passed him by.

I still have faith in this kid, he's too good and too skilled-the optics this season are pretty mediocre though, for a second-rounder.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post: