View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 11:32 AM   #285
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Agreed, Ducks have certainly not controlled the series yet we are down 3 to nothing to a team with a very undermanned defence. So its not all roses either.

In terms of what Flames can control, we have been poor at:

1) goaltending
2) lack of finish/poise/killer instinct in close games

Fix for number one probably doesn't come internally next year. Unless you just roll with Elliott again and hope for more consistency.
Agreed. I am not especially worried about how the issue of goaltending will be addressed for next year in the light of special circumstances onset by the expansion draft this summer. I think in the long run—in another two or three years when this team is entering the centre of its competitive window—one of Gillies or Parsons will be the difference here. So, yes—ultimately an internal solution.

Quote:
You hope number two comes with more experience. But that is no guarantee.
Do you think that the Flames would find themselves in this position against any other playoff team in the WC? I sure don't. I am encouraged that the issues in this series for the Flames have been almost entirely psychological, and those are the sorts of things I expect to change as the team gains experience.

Quote:
I guess the other part is that our PP has been excellent and really driven our offence. So 5 on 5 against a depleted D, are we totally happy with how Flames look? If and when the series is over, we've really got to think on that IMO.
Sure, but if the series is over tonight, what sorts of changes are you expecting? The core is young enough and shows enough promise that I don't see any significant changes over the summer. I expect the team to be better next year by virtue of natural progression, and I don't think this is a remotely unreasonable expectation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote