View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 02:04 PM   #76
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
I can't say whether Notley and the NDP are any good or not, haven't paid enough attention to Albertas politics or economy over the years to know, but I am sure with the dollar at sub seventy and oil dropping to, possibly 15 or 20 a barrel, with some predicting a massive global recession, it wouldn't matter if Ralph Klien rose from the dead with Jesus Christ's backing, no one would be risking their money until things got a bit clearer.
The NDP is obviously not responsible for the global drop in oil prices and the economic downturn in Alberta. And the PCs managed to screw things up so badly last time, that Albertans were just ready for someone different to step in. Really all the NDP needed to do was to maybe stick handle their way through this downturn a little (i.e. they probably could have just stayed the course until things got better) and establish themselves as the next long-term party in Alberta.

Instead, they've managed to botch things up with a poorly timed (and delayed???) royalty review and promises of a carbon tax to the already down-trodden Alberta economy. As far as I'm concerned they got their chance, and so far, they're blowing it hard.