View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 01:18 PM   #51
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Emilio Pettersen article on the Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/666501/2018/...lio-pettersen/

Quote:
DU assistant Tavis MacMillan takes it a step further.

“We have to blow drills down constantly to get him to stop,” MacMillan said. “Because he’s so conditioned to keep going and keep going and keep going.”

All of this goes back to being from Norway.

“The culture was definitely different. We worked out in different ways,” Pettersen said. “We were more like a cross-country runner basically. Every one of us in my town, we’re built to run. We weren’t like big guys or anything. We always worked on our stamina and the willingness to work hard. That’s the culture I grew up in and I think is a big part of what Norway has.”
Quote:
Carle said Pettersen is already one of the most competitive players on the roster. He continued by saying Pettersen is always doing extra work before and after practice so he can improve parts of his game.

The biggest area where Carle said Pettersen can improve is his defense. Carle said Pettersen is learning how to play better without the puck and other facets that come with being better in the defensive zone like starting, stopping and communicating with teammates.

“We’ve seen improvements in his ability to recognize things off the rush,” Carle said. “His D-zone play has gotten better but it’s still not where he wants it to be and where we need it to be as a program.”

Carle described Pettersen as “a hockey junkie,” but there is more to him than what he does on the ice.

Kind of a shame Norway didn't qualify for the WJCs, would have been interesting to see what he could have done on that stage.

Last edited by sureLoss; 11-21-2018 at 01:24 PM.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post: