Thread: ACL surgery?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 02:16 PM   #31
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pope04 View Post
Seeing as we have a few vets of the knee wars on this thread, I'd like to ask a question:

In late November, I was playing street hockey with my kids, and I fell directly onto my right kneecap. No twisting, just boom, directly down onto my knee. The pain was unreal and I had to have a little liedown in the the middle of the street. I eventually got up and limped around for the rest of the evening. I woke up in the middle of the night for a drink of water, put weight on my right leg and buckled. I could put no weight on it whatsoever. My wife dug out a set of crutches, but by noon or so I could put weight on my leg. In a couple of days, the pain was gone completely, but a couple of movements would cause extreme pain, even now four months later. If I wiggle my foot - you know, like you're shaking off a loosely-tied snowboot - it still hurts like hell. If I stumble - let's say I'm stepping over something in the dark with my right foot and misjudge and have to lift my foot abruptly - the pain is still pretty bad.

Obviously, I'm not looking for a diagnosis............I just saw this thread and was curious. Does this sound like I might've damaged my ACL or MCL? Like I said, it's gotten much better, but it still troubles me on occasion.

I hope you make a speedy recovery, Jiri.
All I can recommend to you is going to your GP about it and come prepared with referral forms from one of Calgary's private MRI clinics (because sometimes GPs don't have private MRI referral forms and this saves a second visit to the doctor), get booked for an MRI in the public system and get a referral for a private one and see if reducing the wait for an MRI is worth $800 to you. Many people on here have testified that if there's an ACL or MCL problem with your knee it will get worse while waiting. If everything doesn't go swimmingly for you after everything's said and done you'll never forgive yourself for cheaping out for $800.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote