Thread: ACL surgery?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #27
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pope04 View Post
Seeing as we have a few vets of the knee wars on this thread, I'd like to ask a question:

In late November, I was playing street hockey with my kids, and I fell directly onto my right kneecap. No twisting, just boom, directly down onto my knee. The pain was unreal and I had to have a little liedown in the the middle of the street. I eventually got up and limped around for the rest of the evening. I woke up in the middle of the night for a drink of water, put weight on my right leg and buckled. I could put no weight on it whatsoever. My wife dug out a set of crutches, but by noon or so I could put weight on my leg. In a couple of days, the pain was gone completely, but a couple of movements would cause extreme pain, even now four months later. If I wiggle my foot - you know, like you're shaking off a loosely-tied snowboot - it still hurts like hell. If I stumble - let's say I'm stepping over something in the dark with my right foot and misjudge and have to lift my foot abruptly - the pain is still pretty bad.

Obviously, I'm not looking for a diagnosis............I just saw this thread and was curious. Does this sound like I might've damaged my ACL or MCL? Like I said, it's gotten much better, but it still troubles me on occasion.

I hope you make a speedy recovery, Jiri.
Nope dosen't sound like an ACL or MCL, unless your knee lacks stability. Could be a torn (spelling error in advance) miniscus, or cartlidge damage.

but if the knee's structure is still holding its not a ligament injury.

I think

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote