View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 02:15 PM   #2499
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I actually think Civ 6 is the most accessible one in the series (keep in mind I played 3 and 4 but not 5). Way less micro-managing.
Snagged the free offer too, finally fired it up. It's been over a decade, I forgot how addicting Civ games are! Was up way too late with that last night.

My first run-through so thought I'd take it slow to re-educate myself and get the new features down, wasn't planning on any attacks. But my friendly neighbour China apparently didn't appreciate how close I built my 2nd city, which I only did to connect my capital Athens to the sea. He cancelled our trade and turned hostile. So I decided fine, made some hoplites and attacked the capital as I'm more advanced than them.

Only they resisted better than I thought, and now I'm embroiled in some long, drawn out war I want out of, I'm going broke buying soldiers and siege weapons and only producing soldiers so its stunting my city's growth. He refuses to accept a peace deal too, even though he's purely on the defensive. This has gotten way too real ha-ha. The depth of this game is crazy..i should prob watch one of those YouTube tutorials.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote