View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 10:06 AM   #2484
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Update, Space Haven is a fantastically fun game, but its also a bit of an exercise in frustration. I love the building ship aspect and even the resource and boarding aspect. But you can't survive without manufacturing as the trade possibilities don't often include the blocks that you need. Let alone I had a major fire on my ship that killed like 4 of my 6 crewmen, and then the last two died because the air scrubbers were burned in the fire.
I'm not going to lie - this makes it sound better to me. Too many games are afraid of making bad things have major consequences to your success. It's usually "I'll hit the repair button and things are back to normal". I liked FTL because small things on your ship could really spiral out of control, and an one enemy that boarded your ship and you couldn't find quickly could really mess up your systems. It felt more "real" to me?

However if they said you could choose one way to play Space Haven and run with it, then your note about needing manufacturing alongside trade kinda sucks.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote