View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 11:27 PM   #45
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
That's not an article, that is an opinion piece. Clearly identified as an opinion as it is run in the Opinions section.

What a strange interpretation of this piece. How did you miss this statement, that was made TWICE in the column.

"U.S. intelligence officials think there’s no evidence whatsoever that the coronavirus was created in a laboratory as a potential bioweapon. Solid scientific research demonstrates that the virus wasn’t engineered by humans and that it originated in bats."
You know what part you missed? The part where myself or the piece ever posited that this was a bioweapon or human engineered. You missed it because I never said or even hinted at that. A+ reading comprehension there.

The point of the piece is that there's a lot of coincidences, coincidences I laid out. Something that points to the *possibility* that this was a leak from their bio lab. It's a pretty big coincidence that a bat coronavirus from bats thousands of kilometers away springs up three hundred yards from an institute studying said viruses, especially when the seafood market in question doesn't sell bats. But this could have also easily come from an animal in the market that had contact with a bat along the line. Just because I'm pointing out the *possibility* (I'll keep stressing that for people that have trouble with people not just shouting one black and white view) doesn't mean I'm going overboard the full blown conspiracy theory. People need to actually read posts instead of thinking one break from the main narrative means a full embrace of crazy town conspiracy theories like it being a bio weapon on 5G towers. You can find scientists stating this wasn't engineered because of natural variations in the proteins, so I believe them, but I highly doubt you'll find anyone stating this 100% came from the sea food market. They'll say it's highly likely, but again, possibilities.

Last edited by DiracSpike; 04-11-2020 at 11:33 PM.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiracSpike For This Useful Post: