View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 12:03 PM   #222
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calf View Post
I know a few people who have successfully gone back to their (former) employers and have basically said "I'll sign this if you give me a higher severance" without lawyering up. This was a few years ago, and was with larger companies who probably planned to have some push back/additional severance awarded. Most would prefer to just award more than deal with lawyers as it's less costly and saves time. YMMV.
Didn't work for me when I personally called the HR. Was told I was welcome to pay up for a lawyer to initiate it. They played hardball with me, as well as most people. Wasn't worth it as I wasn't there long enough to make a big enough bump relative to the stress and potential cost incurred. So I played my card, they played theirs, their bluff worked.

However a former coworker who had been at same company over 10years also tried that... same response. But he DID get a lawyer involved and after some stalling and more noise they eventually bumped his settlement up. Then he managed to find new work right away so he scored super huge.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote