View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 07:08 PM   #1580
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
So a question/advice for some smarter people than me.

We're going to be purchasing a new TV in the next few days and are very excited. We've settled on the 85" X900H - it gives us the size we need, the features that seem to be handy, and all at a decent price point.

So the thing is I don't know much about the home theatre aspect when it comes to the new technology. We have an 80" Sharp connected to a reciever and we have everything plugged into the receiver. Now, in order to take advantage of the new features, plus the new XBox and PS5 that should both arrive soon, I'm going to need a new receiver I'm guessing.

The thought was I would plug everything into the TV:

HDMI 1: Telus Optik
HDMI 2: XBox Series X or PS5
HDMI 3: XBox Series X or PS5
HDMI 4: eArc to the receiver for lossless audio procesing

I appreciate that only one console will be able to use HDMI 2.1. Im fine with that...4K/60 seems good enough even though the internet says it's not.

Now do I go with that setup or do the traditional thing with the receiver, and forgo the eARC? And if so, do I need to get a super fancy receiver? I'd like to spend around $500-800 on a receiver if that's doable,
I'm in the same boat soon, but I'm going to forgo the receiver entirely. Soundbars have come a long way in the last few years, and even if they don't sound quite as good as a receiver and full discreet 7.1 setup, the Dolby Atmos bars get close enough. I'm willing to sacrifice a little in audio quality to simplify my setup and have everything connected directly to the TV
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post: