Thread: Strange Grudges
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 09:47 AM   #11
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Doug Weight. I remember every time the young guns beat that oilers team him making arrogant comments in the media like "thats a team we have to beat" like they were cup contenders even though they got like 5-10 more points every year to squeek into the playoffs and lose to Dallas in the first round. Also him blindsinding the young sutter kid with a super cheap headshot and never having to answer for it.

Andrew Ference - beloved by our fanbase, first thing he does as a free agent is sign with the oilers. Then like a chicken #### he jumps non fighter Lee Stempniak after a clean hit and knocks his front teeth out. Maybe next he'll try to fight Crosby or something... Oh wait.

Kevin Bieksa - just loath the guy, he only fights guys he thinks he can beat and skates away from tough guys. Him getting praise for switching spots with the rookie in the line brawl then running away from westgarth and the rookie getting beat up was so ridiculous. It pisses me off that he is captain of team canada with Monahan on it.

Glen Sather - smug bugger who rode Gretzky's coattails (could say that of half their 80s team).

Kevin Lowe - see above, add the comb over and attempting to control the media like a greasy politician in to the mix.

I dunno if these are strange flames grudges or strange canadian fan grudges:

The current draft system - props up failing businesses, rewards tanking, gave Kevin Lowe 3 1st overall picks and made him look smart for being a massive screw up.

Any sun belt teams and the salary cap system - it seems ridiculous to me that teams with a fraction of the fans are competing with canadian teams with their own money from transfer payments people like us have generated buying jerseys and tickets. Every time Phoenix beats us I die a little inside lol.

Few others but they are weasels I think everybody hates, Matt Cooke, Zach Stortini, Corey Perry etc.

Last edited by Matty81; 05-25-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matty81 For This Useful Post: