View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 03:15 PM   #3603
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
I don't see how this is any different from the MCU using a more popular character (Iron-Man) to prop up the Spider-Man films? If they released a straight BOP movie with no Harley it would probably flop hard, the general audience don't know who Black Canary or Huntress are.
Iron Man didn't take over the Spider-Man films, though. He was used sparingly. It's kind of like how they used Batman in Suicide Squad. This movie, from that trailer, is reading as "The Harley Quinn Movie", which is ok, 'cause she's awesome and interesting and can pull it off.

But they are calling it Birds of Prey, which is a bit misleading. I don't think that Batgirl/Huntress/BC would be as much of a flop as you think, due to the Batgirl name recognition. But there are some others. They could even have gone with Katana/Huntress/BC, to 'introduce' Huntress and BC.

It's just an odd choice. I get the idea of using HQ to prop up the movie, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they are doing, but they seem to be overusing the character in that role.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post: