View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #62
thefoss1957
#1 Goaltender

Location: Chicago Native relocated to the stinking desert of Utah
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
I have a feeling my 2 or 3 game beers may turn into 8 or 9. The Hawks are awesome.
Agree that the 'Hawks have a very entertaining style of play, even on the road...but...I smell a "trap" game. Game five of a 7 game road trip, and meaning no disrespect to your guys, the Flames don't seem to engender a competitive fire, the way some rivals (Wings, Blues, Wild (and North Stars before them)) do. Can't say that the 'Hawks have to make a "statement game" to a potential playoff foe, and with travel and holiday tomorrow, I don't think the 'Hawks will bring their best intensity to the game. The 'Hawks really didn't test Berra in the first meeting, and, frankly, seemed flat. I expect a similar effort tonight. Perhaps they clamp down a little, defensively, for Raanta, but, in Khabibulin's two starts against Eastern teams that also didn't engender much emotion by my guys, the way I anticipate tonight, the D was as flat as the overall effort.

Happily, for me, I am covering day shifts for this holiday week, instead of the usual nights, so I will be able to watch the game in real time, and also be able to hang in the game thread. I always enjoy discussing hockey with you fine Flame fans...passionate, realistic (mostly), informed, and good sports (again, mostly). And wish your team good luck against my beloved squad...