View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 11:33 AM   #234
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Yeah, all I was getting at is how streaks tend to skew people's perception too much in each direction. People tend to overvalue how good a team is playing on a win streak, and undervalue a team on a losing streak.

Now that we've won 2 in a row again, the 6 game losing streak is mostly forgotten even though people were crying wolf last week that the team needed a big shake up.

Also - Go Snek!
I’m personally more interested in what occurs during the winning and losing streaks rather than freaking out or crying wolf. I’ve drawn the conclusion that this team relies tok heavily on a few players to win this team games.

When we go on long winning streaks or good stretches this season, it’s mostly been on the backs of Johnny Gaudreau’s point streaks and his line along with major contributors from the Backlund line. Mike Smith has also been one of, if not the largest reason for the number of wins and points we’ve collected.

When there’s a slight drop off at all or an off game from anyone one of those guys, we tend to lose those games because quite frankly, you can’t expect our top guys to score every night or to have Mike Smith always stand on his head.

To me, there’s a very obvious drop off from our top 2 lines to the bottom 2 lines and this has to be fixed asap if we want to contend this season. They’ve just been too wildly inconsistent or completely non existent this season. I can’t even imagine how much better our placement in the standings would be if we just had better performances from our bottom 6 this season.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote