View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 12:25 AM   #704
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I don't think Chuck intentionally meant to knock the lantern off. From what I was interpreting, Chuck was overwhelmed with guilt regarding his "you never really mattered that much to me" comment. His mental health quickly regressed, and he was 'zoned out', for lack of a better term. The kicking was a coping mechanism kind of tick while completely locked in his illness.
Totally disagree, in that scene Chuck is shown sitting in the middle of his ruined house, his "illness" back in full force. It seems obvious to me that he realizes he has no control over it and he knows it is all in his head. He has lost everything, his wife, his family, his business and his career. He has nothing, no friends, no job and no future. In his final scene he has papers spread all over the floor and kicks the lantern into the pile which is sure to spread quickly. As the lantern nears the edge he stares intently at it, pauses, exhales deeply then delivers the last few kicks.

Will he live? probably. Survival instinct would surely take over once he starts burning.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jacks For This Useful Post: