View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 09:00 PM   #120
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanisleflamesfan View Post
Lol. The curling rules are pretty clear on burned rocks. Burning a rock is cheating. If a team does it, the non-offending team can chose to remove it. Those are the rules. Homan had 2 rocks burned against her during these games; one she removed and one she didn't. That is her choice. Those are the rules. Following the rules is not 'dishonourable'.
Macusker (third for Schmiler) said that when she played there would be no question that you remove the rock. However both her and Harris said that in today's game it is customary when hit in the house to just reposition the rock.

So while she was correct by the rules she certainly will never get burned rock courtesy from anyone ever again.

I think her actions showed poor sportsmenship as she removed the stone when she was desperate for a win and the rock would change the end. I didn't see the other one. However it's pretty clear she removed it to get an advantage rather than out of any principle.

I often wondered about the qualification process for curling is right. We send a team rather than the best four curlers. Adding Morris to Koe's team would improve it over Kennedy if the egos were held in check. So is the detailed knowledge and trust between the team worth having inferior players. I think at third this might be the case. I don't think it would work as the team dynamic is important. The other is would a point system to select the best team be better than one event? Though in the Homens case she goes anyways in likely any system .

I do think that the strategy employed by the world curlers is significantly different than the Canadian style played on tour and Homem seemed unprepared for the situations she found herself in in terms of strategy. To fix that would require real coaching instead of independant teams who do what they want with the coach and 5th position.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote