View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 11:37 AM   #54
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've sold many tickets through kijiji and craigslist. About a third of them I didn't even have to meet, and they transferred me money electronically once I showed them my online profile. I would not have transferred money without meeting, but I'm glad there are some people who are trustworthy out there.

When I was moving I sold a couch that was from IKEA, that I had listed for $300. A guy shows up, likes it, and says he'll give me $200. I say $300. His big thing was that he could take it off my hands that day. I was moving in a month, and I thought it would sell much quicker than 5 hours after I put the ad up, so I wasn't in too big of a hurry. He said he told his wife he wouldn't spend more than $225. I told him he could stop at IKEA on the way home, buy it new for $600 + tax, or give me $300 for a couch that was 6 months old. He gave me the $300, and I helped him move it down to his car. That's about the worst experience I've had on kijiji, and it went fairly smoothly.

I sold a PS3 game once and the guy was shocked I didn't raise my price once he showed up. He said I was the fourth guy he'd gone to buy off of, and each one increased it. Why would people do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote