View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 10:38 AM   #16
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlinDino View Post
Small sample size, do you still think your assessment was fair, or just a personal observation, opinion?

If it was Mike Smith he probably would have come out of the net far too much and let in some week goals. Vladar on the other hand does a lot of good things. Markström's experience probably also comes in handy.

I like the way Vladar kicks pucks away with his pads down, the speed at which the puck goes to the sides or corners is hard to get a rebound. The overtime loss where the puck bounced off Markström's pad then straight to an incoming player made me think about how Vladar makes that play a little differently. Was interesting to see Markström using that kick with his pad down against Chicago. Maybe these guys feed off each other.
Oh god, that’s a very very early assessment. More a collection of things I’ve noticed. And I like trying to technically break down goalie styles.

And Mike Smith hasn’t challenged shots in years. Smith will sit on the goal line, anchor to the post and be surrounded by blue. Then probably blow a hissy fit after getting up when he’s done with his patented belly flop.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sketchyt For This Useful Post: