View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 02:15 PM   #19
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Episode 1 recap :

I liked a lot of the changes. They have been doing some updating both for television and due to the fact that a lot of storytelling conventions have changed since this was first written. The episode did seem rushed. They really tore through the material, and I don't know if someone without prior knowledge would get as much out of the significance of things like a young Wisdom, the mechanics of government in the Two Rivers and the respect for women in decision-making, and that peace has reigned there for so long. The bones of what is needed are definitely there, and I understand having to push the story along to gain viewership.

The scene that I feel was missing was Tam giving the sword to Rand. That is an important plot point, and considering how they made a point of fleshing out Mat and Perrin a little bit more, I don't know why they would skip this.

Visual representation of the one-power was done well. The town looked beautiful.