View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 09:17 PM   #5
Mayer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redliner View Post
I’m of two minds on this. He’s an idiot for putting himself in that situation to begin with, but what he did was absolutely self-defense. He was not the aggressor and based on the threat he was facing he had every reason to fear for his life, but when you take a weapon into a potentially violent situation, you have to understand that bad things are probably going to happen.

I think someone would have to be crazy to carry a rifle into a protest, but I also don’t live in a country where it is enshrined in the constitution as an inalienable right to do so. It’s an entirely different mentality down there.
That's the thing. It doesn't matter if he made one terrible decision after another (going down to the riots, bringing a gun etc etc). At the end of the day, he has a right to defend himself and that's what he did.

The prosecutor has also done a terrible job, but then again, the facts are not on his side. It's a politically motivated trial and it's showing, big time.

I am beginning to question the moral character of those who cheer for Vancouver.
Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote