Thread: Guild Wars 2
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #49
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Isn't Conquest the same name RIFT used for their large scale PvP?

That read is incredible, and answered so many questions. This definitely seems like a game I could check out. I was planning on re opening my RIFT account this weekend, but maybe I will just wait a month for GW2.

Do they have any ties to UO? With the trait tier system, the weapon skill, the personality.. I see some similarities here. The whole system where if you don't do something about an invading horde of Centaurs dates back to a system UO tested but never implemented. Not killing enough deer in an area would bring in predators which would lead to a dragon or possibly an army of Lizard Men setting up shop and invading Trinsic. It was something we never got to see but I always thought would be really cool, and now is brought to life in GW2.

Also the dye system.. so simple but always left out. There is something to be said about rolling around in Guild Colors messing people up.

That buy order system gave me a stirring in my pants as well.. so many simple things that MMO developers have over looked or done wrong that GW2 seems to be doing right.

I am sold.