View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 01:12 AM   #1
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default The Cricket Thread

The old cricket thread was a bit of a mess and I didn't really feel like digging it up, so here's a brand new one for discussing this elegant sport. Tests, ODIs, IPL, World T20, post it all in here. I know there's a few cricket fans out there!

The reason I'm starting this today is because of the test match currently being played in Christchurch between New Zealand and Australia. It marks the final match in New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum's career, and he is going out in style. On Day 1 he set two world records: one for career test sixes (106 and counting!), and the fastest test century in history off just 54 balls. It was a sensational innings to watch. Not to mention at the time he entered the match New Zealand were getting absolutely owned by the Australian bowlers, and McCullum's batting turned it around. Still a lot of cricket to be played though. Anyways, here's the highlights:

I've only become a cricket fan over the last year or so, and McCullum's play has been a big reason for that. The aggressive, risk taking, hard hitting style is so much fun to watch. If you've never really watched cricket and think it's all boring and slow, this man will make you a believer. At least that was the case for me. He will be missed for NZ.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote