View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 12:20 AM   #53
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampsx2 View Post
I have to disagree with the posts in this thread saying overweight contestants should now be equally allowed to be part of the pageant.

Being obese means you are at greater risk of disease and injury. Not sure any medial professional would disagree with that.

Am I wrong when I say everybody should try to have a healthy target weight? What about role models for kids?

Anyone who has lost any amount of weight or become fit knows the amount of work and focus that’s required to get to that point. Months or years at the gym, major changes to their diet.

I have much respect for those you hear that went from 250 lbs down to 220lbs.

Although I don’t think the swimsuit portion of the competition is the most important, I know the women who got to that point probably weren’t just born in shape.

I hope to hear the other side of the argument and I hope I’m not offending anyone, it’s certainly not what I’m trying to do.
I think there are also other issues there about the difference between what's considered obese in the pageant world and what's actual unhealthy obesity. Many model, bodybuilding, actor, etc.. type bodyfat levels also have their own health issues.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: