View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:
Default The Metal Thread

seems like we have a few people here into heavier music, figured a thread to talk about new releases and maybe share new finds would be nice. i was planning to put single song samples of groups on a place like yousendit.com, but wasn't sure how the mods would like that so for now i'll just stick to official samples from the band sites. here are a few bands that i've recently gotten into

Dragonforce - Through The Fire And Flames

Power/Prog metal, clean sung vocals and VERY fast guitar work, this is the lead single from their new album Inhuman Rampage. fans of classic metal like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, or progressive acts like Dream Theater might want to check these guys out

Hammers of Misfortune - The Locust Years

link goes to a sample page for their latest album. they play an eccentric brand of metal that is very hard to describe, best being i guess is to take the classic folk melodies of Jethro Tull and Journey and mix them with a heavy Sabbath inspired sound with the oddball styling of Clutch thrown on top. deffinetly check out the song Trot Out The Dead, one of the best songs i've heard all year

Place of Skulls

fans of true Black Sabbath inspired metal (i.e. Corrosion of Conformity) should defineitly check these guys out. the first song on thier myspace page Prisoner's Creed is the lead track from the new album The Black Is Never Far and is a great song to start with

Protest The Hero

fast, punk infused metal with a slight emo twist (it's not bad, i swear). think of a much heavier version of Coheed And Cambria. what impressed me the most about these guys is for a band of kids all in their teens, they're all insanely talented musicians. i'm very interested in seeing how they develop their sound in years to come
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote