View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #15
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Been said, in here already, but from experience, you can get one in 1 day. Have all you poop in order, and bring proof of travel. But, note, this can only be done at Harry Hays, NOT at the south passport office, or rural offices, ie: Red Deer.
I got mine at Canada Place in Edmonton. I had a 6:50 a.m. flight to Philadelphia via Denver and had only arrived in Edmonton the night before (from Minneapolis). I left my passport in the seat pocket in front of me on my plane I'm pretty sure.

So I showed up at the airport and didn't have a passport. What United did was they issued a flight at 3:30 for myself and my travel companion to Denver (then onward to Philly). At that point, the race was on. I went to Canada Place and as soon as it opened (9 I think) I talked to someone there and asked how soon I could get my passport. They said I could get it by 12:30 or 1.

At that point, I had to get my passport photo, show them my birth certificate, hand them my boarding pass (which I think they scanned and had to send to Ottawa). My travel companion acted as my guarantor so she talked to them in person (I think this helped a lot).

I then had to go to a commissionaire and swear that I had indeed lost my passport and bring that document back to Canada Place.

I contacted my references and told them to make sure that they were completely available for the next several hours. After that, I just waited.

I figured I would check on the status of it at around 11:30 and sure enough, the passport was complete.

The one funny thing about the story is that when I did go through customs, they pulled me aside for verification since my passport had that exact day as my issue date and I was wearing the same thing in my photo that I had on at that time.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote