Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 06:16 PM   #1237
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Had a nice surprise with Shaw today. Went into the Market Mall store to setup a new mobile number, and after the rep pulled up my account she offered me a new deal on internet. Upgraded my speeds from 300 to 750 mbps and reduced my monthly bill from $69 to $65 on a 2 year contract. My previous contract had just expired which was going to increase my internet bill to $100/mo, so apparently I picked the perfect time to go in

I also have to say how nice the new blue curve modem is compared to the old Hitrons. I remember fighting with a technical support rep to try and get the Hitron into bride mode until I finally gave up and just setup a DMZ for my local network. With the blue curve however it's a single button click on the web console for bridge mode. So much simpler, and now my home network VPN actually works like it's supposed to. Also I was unaware that Shaw increased their upload speeds to 100 mpbs on their fibre+ plans, that was another nice surprise. I might not even bother switching to Telus fibre when it's available

Last edited by Hemi-Cuda; 04-27-2022 at 06:18 PM.
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote