View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 09:31 PM   #1612
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah, my speakers haven't been replaced in a while. I don't know if you ever need to replace them? From what I understand Dolby Atmos uses speakers in a unique way but it doesn't require you to have new speakers. I think you may need additional speakers (e.g. the ceiling ones) but you can use what you have.

So I upgraded the firmware and enabled eArc. The Xbox Series X is passing Dolby Atmos to the receiver which is great! I assume that because the receiver is showing Dolby Atmos it's getting someone it needs to decode. I had to change the Xbox settings from "uncompressed 5.1" to bitstream and then select "Dolby Atmost" and I had to download the Dolby app.

I also tried Ori (the new one) at 4K/120Hz. Sure enough, I noticed a bit of the blurring knowing with 120Hz on the 900H. I ended up liking supersampled 6K @ 60Hz.

Really really happy with the 900H and for it's price-point it's really good. For those that are looking for a new TV you should check the model out. I think it's on sale during Black Friday.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote