Thread: 2020 Formula 1
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 07:36 PM   #906
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Honest question. Has any other previous record holder raced against such inferior competition than Hamilton? Im not talking about drivers but cars overall.

I don't really want to put an Asterix beside his record wins and poles and eventual title record but for the life of me I cannot recall even Schumacher having as easy a time getting to 7 titles or 91 wins like Hamilton has. Maybe 2 seasons of pure Ferrari domination with Schumi?

I dont know, just seems like if literally anybody else drove Hamilton car they'd be multiple times champ too.

This era of F1 isn't even fun IMO. Its one team, a crazy sizeable gap to the next team and then yet another gap to 2 or 3 other teams.
If Hamilton wasn't as great as you think he isn't, he wouldn't have won his first championship in 2008, before he was in the best car on the grid. He wouldn't have beaten every Bottas so handily. He only lost one season in the Merc, and that one had a lot of bad luck, and he barely lost. He's clearly better the Rosberg. He's also faced several world champions on the grid, and beaten them. He's made Vettel look the fool several times. He's an incredible driver with skills that can not be denied. Does he get pouty? Of course. But he doesn't make stupid mistakes on track. Most former drivers consider him the best current driver, and not just because of the car.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote