View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 12:23 PM   #2599
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Damn, was kinda' hoping they'd just push Mulan down the schedule. The timing of Disney+ couldn't have been better for Disney, especially outside the US. I expect if pandemic-related things don't settle down, it won't be long before other studios start firing their bigs guns down a streaming service.

I love going to the movies (to the theatre where they're shown, not so much.) Moreso the last few years where I'd started to go almost weekly--esp. while I was in rehab 3x week, afternoons usually free. Going to the movies kept me sane.

The biggest problems I have at home, even with gripping movies I'm really into, is there are so many distractions around. Phone (the worst), pets (also the worst) the sun (also the worst - at least my blackout blinds are finally set to arrive next week), that ############ who farts around with his power tools ALL DAY for the last three years, etc.

Even if I can mitigate distractions, the other huge downside of home vs theatre is the sound and picture quality (at least mine) doesn't even come close to the old dingy theatres that remain throughout the city. Not. Even. Close.

I can make at home work, but it's just not the same experience.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post: