View Single Post
Old 10-27-2023, 09:03 AM   #9
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Just let people be who they want to be. We have adopted fluidity in our definitions of who we are as individuals and as a society.

Also, what is the end goal with this type of reporting and investigation by the CBC? Is this revelation supposed to be a net positive or net negative for the First Nations communities? Are they trying to cut down, dare I say "cancel", the achievements of someone who has established themselves as an icon in the First Nations communities and is probably seen as an inspiration?
I believe the investigation came about from Indigenous people seeing red flags and beginning questioning on their own. CBC didn't just decide one day to smear a beloved icon.

And yeah, I think many Indigenous people would want to an extent cancel the achievements of someone based their entire career on lying, and being part of a people they don't belong to.
She received many Indigenous honours and prizes meant for Indigenous people. If she's white, didn't deserve them. It's a betrayal. She was an inspiration that Indigenous people can succeed. I think people would want to know if she's just another white person that used them instead, no matter what her heart came to believe.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote