View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 03:38 PM   #13
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX77267

Here is a B&W all in one for example only $129 right now ($200 off) has wireless also. Toner is expensive at $207 for a cartridge but that is 6000 pages.

I'm not recommending this one as I have not used it personally but it looks like a good option.
From what I understand, Canon and Lexmark are very good for scan quality and image compression vs Brother printers. However, their paper feeders and laser printing printers isn't going to have the same level of longevity like a Brother printer. Someone printing a few hundred to a thousand pages a year might not really notice, but someone who prints thousands of pages per year may quickly notice printing imperfections.

However, I believe the opposite is true for color inkjets. It's Canon and Lexmark that have the longevity over the Brother printers. I have a Canon color printer that I've occasionally used (A dozen to few hundred pages a year) over the last 3-4 years and it's pretty solid. No dried out ink or anything which is surprising. The paper feeders creak and stuff, but is adequate. It scans pretty nice color printers that are size efficient, but the paper feeder for the scanner is constantly jamming or running multiple pages at a time if I try to scan more than 10 pages or so.

Personally, for laser printer I'd choose Brother. For inkjets I'd consider Canon.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: