View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 01:38 PM   #2068
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Just like many other times, you pretend that you know a lot more than other people. It's gotten very annoying especially when you "claim" to know how everything works.

Do you know or understand basic principles of economics? You mention how there will be a lot of goalies available this summer, well increased supply leads to a decrease in prices. With the number of goalies available in Free Agency and with a salary cap, teams are going to very quickly move on to their second or third options if their top choice is demanding too much money which will then ultimately reduce the price of the top choice.

Just because there will be 15 goalies in Free Agency doesn't necessarily mean there are 15 open NHL roster spots for those goalies.
Just because there are fewer roster spots open than UFA NHL goalies doesn't necessarily mean that all of them will be taking 50% pay-cuts.

Yeah, I don't know how things are going to play out this summer, but it strikes me as shortsighted for someone to declare that a 31-year-old NHL starting goalie with award nominations, All Star team selections, 400 games on his resumé and entering unrestricted free agency for the first time will be cheap. Varlomov may be having a down year, but he has a pretty strong track record of high-end performance; last year he posted a 0.920 SP in 51 games.

I would expect that Varlamov ranks in the top-three of every team's UFA goalie targets this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post: