View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 01:58 PM   #58
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
You have brought exactly zero evidence to support your claim that the Oilers can terminate the contract, Oiling.
So did the Kings when they terminated Richards...I mean you would be arguing the exact same thing the day Richards was caught at the border. Because that's pretty much what everyone said about Richards. But he had his contract terminated none the less.

Many people said that when Dotchin had his contract terminated for being fat it was going to set a precedence like this and there was no way the Lightning could do it. And then they did.

If the proof isn't right in the contract he signed, I'm not sure what proof would satisfy you. The CBA says he must conduct himself based on the rules of the organization (which we can likely assume has its general morality clauses around racism) and his SPC requires him to conduct himself on and off the rink according to the highest standards of honesty, morality, fair play and sportsmanship. He failed both, I think we can safely agree.

Of which I agree, yes, the NHLPA would file a greivance, arbitration would be required, a settlement likely happens before hand. Which happened most recently with Dotchin and Richards. They set the precedence.

Again, I think you're getting confused as to what the Oilers could do and what the ultimate outcome would be. If the Oilers said he failed to conduct himself in the highest standard of morality, he broke his contract. They can put him on waivers and terminate the contract. There's not much stopping them from doing that. There's also far less stopping Manning from having his lawyer object and filing a lawsuit.

I think if anything you'll need to provide a reason as to why Richards was allowed to have his contract terminated when his own teammates were doing the same drugs and fighting far worse legal issues. Or why Dotchin had his for being fat when a lot of players came to camp out of peak physical condition.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote