View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 12:59 PM   #32
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've always been a bit of a gamer, but here's a few of my favorites:

- Original Halo: we'd link 2 xboxes together and have 4v4 LAN parties before online matchmaking was available. Was amazing to make a big play and hear the expletive come from the other room.

- Halo 3: competed in several tournaments online and in person. Came close to making a pro team that played in MLG events.

- WoW: hit Gladiator for several seasons in duos playing discipline priest/rogue, which if anyone knows about that team comp, was really hard to do against the typical high level duos (hunter/mage, mage/rogue, rogue/warlock, warrior/paladin). Being able in general to walk into a massive PvP event (warsong, arathi, etc) and almost singlehandedly take over the lobby was a blast.

- Destiny: Peak trials in Destiny 1 is one of the highest skill FPS encounters I've seen, and going flawless every week on 3 characters was always a challenge and a lot of fun. IIRC there was another poster on CP who was getting matched up against guys who make their living playing in tournaments and such. Fun. Also, the raids and learning how each specific fight needed to be undertaken was a cool experience. Soloing Crota was a fun one too.

I really appreciated the OOT reference too, loved that game and spent lots of hours on it. Not sure if anyone else tried it out, but Ogre Battle 64 is one hell of a game as well, and one that I dust off and play through every now and then over the holidays.

One that I haven't seen mentioned was original Diablo 2 (pre-expansion). That was by far my favorite game growing up. So many hours of fun in PvP, PvE, and everything in between. The stress of finding a hidden spot somewhere in an open lobby to transfer a hoard of loot to a mule.....praying the lobby doesn't close or someone find your gear before you log back in....

Currently I'm married with two kids, so my days of real gaming are long gone. But I'm having fun with League of Legends on the PC and APEX on the Xbox at the moment, and managed to hit Platinum rank on both, which is somewhere in the middle of good and bad I think.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post: