View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 08:37 AM   #7
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Diemenz, I went and checked out the Orbi last night at Best buy. That thing is hideous, which doesn't bother me, but I could hear my wife in the back of my head. I have a big house. The Shaw router is on the mainfloor in my wife's office. She hates it there, but it was the only place on the mainfloor to put it. The signal in the master bedroom which is upstairs is poor. In the basement, we have a room that I setup a bike with a smart trainer. Try to run zwift, and the signal is horrible in there, so I can't run the app. Upstairs we have our main tv. We have 4K, and stream Netflix in the evenings. In the basement is where my son plays his ps4. Just kids games. Very little online. We have sonos throughout the house, and in my garage. Other than that, it's just working on our laptops.

I'd like to move the router to the basement near the ps4 if possible and clean up my wife's office. I thought of getting the Orbi ac3000, and putting one down there and the other in the top floor. The other two I was trying to decide on, was the velop ac6600 which is on sale for $450, or the google mesh. Those each have three units which I could put on each floor. I like the looks of the google mesh, and I read that it's just simple to use. Any recommendations?
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote