View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 11:40 AM   #1688
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redforever View Post
I think you will find, that as West Jet expands their horizons and increases their number of aircraft and passengers, customer service will change too. Maybe not, but the odds of interacting with crabby and difficult customers increases, and sometimes customer service goes down as a result.
Yup, I fully expect the same thing to happen with WS. They're already not nearly as good as they used to be, and the growth isn't going to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacker View Post
This is entirely personal preference. Personally I would fly AC 100% of the time given the choice between WJ and AC. Domestic flights, the difference is pretty negligible, but internationally WJ can't compete with AC offerings both in terms of routes, and aircraft used. WJ also doesn't have anything equivalent to AC's international business class.
Absolutely...WS is just now entering the international market. AC has more experience, an established name, and more and larger aircraft, not to mention the power of Star Alliance. Just look at how WestJet's 767 fiasco went...people expected things to run like clockwork, and it obviously didn't.

When we fly domestically, we'll pick WS over AC every time, unless there's a huge difference in price. But like you said, it's strictly personal preference. Everyone has a different opinion, different experiences, and everything.

But when it comes to international, I'll never fly WS, unless they manage to step up their game, and earn a proven track record of doing so. But internationally, we've found KLM and Lufthansa to be far better than AC. And I don't think anyone can beat Singapore Airlines or Emirates.

I would hope that WestJet comes closer with the 787's to what AC can do internationally, especially when it comes to business class. I've only flown business a couple of times, and it's a step up for sure. International business class on Singapore or Emirates is like being in a whole different universe. My wallet doesn't appreciate it, though.

Last edited by Stealth22; 10-04-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Stealth22 is offline   Reply With Quote