View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 12:33 AM   #13
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
What? You'll get the money back, but it may not be instantaneous.

Here's what I did as a STH. I sold a pair of tickets to a friend for a game that was cancelled. When it was announced the game was cancelled I texted her and asked how she'd like her money refunded. She confirmed her email address and I sent her an Interac eTransfer. Why wouldn't I have information on which of my friends I transferred my tickets to? These aren't tickets that were sold through ticketmaster. In that case, ticketmaster refunds the purchaser directly and I am charged an amount by the Flames/ticketmaster for that game. When I get a refund from the Flames for the game not being played, because I paid for it as a STH, it gets netted against the price of the game cancelled, and I get the difference in a refund

I also sold a few games from FansFirst. After my sale, they sent me money. Once the game status was announced as cancelled, FansFirst emailed me asking for the money back. I sent it to them via an Interac eTransfer, the same format they sent me the money in. They will then refund the purchaser directly from their end. FansFirst has some exposure and risk if the STHs don't return the money. You, as a purchaser, are only at risk if FansFirst, SeatGeek, StubHub, etc. go bankrupt and can't refund you. Obviously if the purchase and sale aren't done through ticketmaster, then ticketmaster can't send a refund to whoever is the last person to hold the ticket. What amount would they refund? If I transferred a pair of tickets to my brother for free, ticketmaster wouldn't know if I gave them to him or sold them.

I don't see what the problem is with any of the processes that have been announced. Flames refund STHs. STHs are charged back for any games they sold through the ticketmaster site, as they already have been paid those amounts. STHs refund any friends, families, buyers directly. STHs refund any 3rd party sellers (e.g. FansFirst). 3rd part sellers refund purchasers. It's not even that complicated. To start calling VISA to demand a chargeback seems ridiculous.
To clarify; Ticketmaster identified whom the end buyer of your tickets was for you? Because in our case, we bought them off Ticketmaster from a likely Rangers season ticket holder, who doesn't know us from a hole in the ground.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote