View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 12:48 AM   #36
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ron and Don were getting really good salaries back in the CBC days, I remember back in 2003-2004 or so when the CBC was looking at cutting their costs, they finally settled on a contract of approx $500k a year I believe?

If Don is still pulling that kind of dough and even more due to inflation, great for him but I can see how from a pure expense play, a suit would love to cut some coin.

The issue with Cherry is that a LOT of fan's love him!! A lot of older people do and a lot of people who are in their 30's as well, a lot don't due to his style, his politics or how he brings religion into it. Others don't like him cause he's always telling stories about the old days and a lot of people who considering themselves forward thinkers forget sometimes that the past ends up mimicking the future.

I am 34, I grew up watching the guy ever since I was a little child, I love watching him, it's an absolute shame that he isn't in the Hall of Fame as a builder or broadcaster. Like I said earlier, people don't like him due to his politics, his religion and his views on a lot of things in the game.

Rogers Sportsnet is a hot garbage product all around and cutting more quality people like Cherry and some others isn't going to do anything other than become a race to the bottom.

Also I should mention that Cherry does a huge amount of work for the community and I believe I have read he donates his salary to charity as well!!
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to curves2000 For This Useful Post: