View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 12:22 PM   #1
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Apologies to Andrew Mangiapane

He didn't register a point until NHL game #19
He didn't score his first goal until NHL game #27

After that kind of start, I definitely didn't think he was going to carve out much of a full-time role on this team. While he wasn't playing horribly, the results just weren't happening.

Then, on February 9th against the Canucks he scored his 1st goal and the turn-around was initiated. From that game forward, for 20 games its been a different story. He's scored 6 goals (8 points) for a 25 goal full season pace, managed a +7 rating, all while playing an average of 11 minutes a game primarily on the 3rd and 4th line with little to no PP time.

I'm not sure we're looking at an NHL 25 goal scorer, but we're definitely looking at a valuable member of our current bottom 6 who I now believe is here to stay.

Apologies to Andrew. The bread is rising.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 77 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
---Hatrick---, Anduril, automaton 3, badger89, BBQorMILDEW, BeltlineFan, Beninho, BigFlameDog, burn_this_city, bzoo02, Captaincanada80, Cheese, chummer, cofias, ColoradoFlamesFan, corporatejay, cral12, Cycling76er, D as in David, DaQwiz, DazzlinDino, Deegee, dino7c, DropIt, dying4acup, Enoch Root, Flames_F.T.W, flame^thrower, foofighter15, Francis's Hairpiece, Gaudfather, getbak, Gondi Stylez, Groot, GullFoss, Hey Connor, It's Mess, IliketoPuck, Inferno099, It's a great day 4 hockey, jayswin, jeffporfirio, Jetfire, kbvall, Kipper is King, KipperFaNaTic, KipperRules, kkaleR, Krynn, Lil Pedro, looooob, Loudog, M*A*S*H 4077, mccalgary71, mivdo, MrMike, Nandric, ozzy, Phaneufenstein, Radio, redflamesfan08, robertsfanatic, Robo, Savvy27, Scroopy Noopers, skudr248, SmoggyFlamesFan, SnipeShow, spuzzum, Stringer Bell, Textcritic, the2bears, TheScorpion, the_only_turek_fan, topfiverecords, tvp2003, wired, ynwa03