View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 03:54 PM   #1380
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrangy View Post
I’m done trusting people on Kijiji.

Bought a beater car from a guy, he claimed it was active title, I even looked at his registration. Go to register it, and it’s rebuilt. Not a huge deal since I bought it specifically to be a beater but disappointed.

Next, bought a roof rack for the porsche from some other guy, had him drop it off at a friend’s. The roof rack is all banged up and missing parts. Yeah I should have got him to send me pictures of it first but what porsche owner actually has a rack in that condition and sells it? I definitely could have better protected myself but I can’t comprehend the mindset of these people. I’d never knowingly do something that would disappoint a total stranger. Good for them I guess.
Dumb question, what is the big deal about active title? I sold a car on kijiji a couple months ago and that was the first question all the time. In the ad it even stated I drive it daily (which I did) with no issues. I thought it was obvious so I didn't specify 'active' in the ad I just said original owner and daily commute car. Active title, as opposed to....inactive? Why would that matter? Or are they trying to see if it has rebuilt status or written off?
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote