View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #1966
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

I gotta say, what a clusterf*** that 22x/mcleod bridge is. I haven't been taking it lately, but today I decided to use it to get home around 430. First, it took about 10 minutes just to get on the bridge from NB McLeod. Then it took another few minutes to get up to the light for the SB McLeod to EB 22x. Holy crap, I sat there for about 10 minutes while the flaggers were letting the 22x EB traffic flow, and the McLeod SB to 22x WB traffic flow. Meanwhile, the 22x WB over the bridge folk (me) were stopped, and the SB McLeod to EB were stopped, because a steamroller was going baaaaaack and forth, baaaaaack and forth, right in front of the SB to EB cars. Eventually, they let us WB cars go, but the SB to EB cars were still watching the steamroller.

Seriuosly, this went on for at least 10 minutes, right in rush hour. The line up of SB cars was all the way out of sight. I want this job done as much as anyone, but I think that running a steamroller in front of rush hour traffic, and stopping it indefinitely, is pretty stupid.

Oh, and a big F.U. to the gravel truck driver staying back about 10 car lengths so that he didn't have to stop. Thanks for screwing so many people out of extremely limited green lights. Because of him, me and probably 10 more vehicles got stuck watching the steamroller. Total dink, and he knows it. Professional drivers know these things. Must have been Pinner driving that truck. Just being an a-hole for no reason.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post: