View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 01:42 PM   #1456
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Notley says she doesn't know??? She's wasn't prepped??? This is the NDP's pride and joy and yet she doesn't have an answer - good grief!

Quote:
Q: We've had two years with a provincial carbon tax. What kind of decline in fuel consumption have we seen in Alberta in those two years?

A: I would have to get back to you on that. Because, of course, it's related to economic activity as well. So you've got a lot of different things going on at the same time.

Q: Do you know if we've had a decrease in car emissions during that time?

A: I honestly can't tell you right now because I wasn't prepped for that. What I can say is just yesterday, through our CLP [climate leadership plan], we had our second and third auctions for renewable energy. And in doing that, we've now managed to bring in enough renewable energy — electricity — to power 300,000 homes in Alberta, to create 1,000 jobs, and to do so less expensively than anywhere else in North America

In the last 12 months, through our climate leadership plan, and the carbon pricing it generates, we've tripled the amount of renewable energy being used in Alberta in 12 months. As opposed to the amount of renewable energy being used in Alberta over the previous 20 years. So we're doing some good work there.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...deau-1.4952511