View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 05:44 PM   #8
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
Yah, not worth it. From what I've heard, grow ops really wreck the house. It probably has a ton of mold issues that you won't see. I'd never buy a grow op house no matter how good the deal unless you were looking to tear it down and rebuild it.
This. And mold is extremely expensive to deal with. Once mold has been found, in order for a an inspect or to clear the issue, the home will have to be torn apart, whether there is actual mold in there or not. Beyond mold, moisture will often rot the wood. Staircases are especially vulnerable to this.

Growing Marijuana takes a lot of humidity. I've never heard of anyone running a grow op properly sealing a room for moisture.

Another issue is that the people who run the grow ops often mess around with the electrical and plumbing systems. You can also have contamination issues. The operators will often throw old herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers, and fuel into the backyard, and under the law, a new owner can be held responsible for the cleanup cost, regardless of contribution.

Even at land value alone, buying a former grow op is risky.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: